- Adrenaline Heaven
- Jump / Swing the Nile
- Collapse in Comfort
- Team Building
Grade 4, 2-5 days rafting
Most travel comes a distant second compared to river travel, especially when drifting silently at the speed of the Nile, through the heart of one of the wildest areas in Africa. Expect heart thumping encounters with pods of hippos, flocks of exotic birds and large plains game in between challenging magnificent rapids. This is Africa as it once was, free of roads and vehicles, and the intrusions of our civilization.
Days will often begin with game viewing on foot, followed by a relaxing breakfast. We will challenge the Nile rapids in our specially designed catarafts, larger and more stable than our conventional rafts, enjoy wholesome lunches in the most magnificent settings and stop for camp late afternoon, in plenty of time to enjoy fishing for giant Nile Perch, evening game walks and magnificent sunsets.
Some of the rapids we encounter between Karuma and Murchison Falls are impassable. We will portage or game drive around those too large to raft safely, and this offers an opportunity for conventional game viewing from the vehicles.
Adrift is the sole rafting concessionaire to the Nile in Murchison Falls Conservation Area. The offer of these rafting safaris, for the first time ever, represent a return to the style of trip we know best, the multi-day rafting expeditions we have run around the world for over three decades.
- All that is included in the Full day rafting trip
- Mouth watering meals sourced from local produce and inspired by the Nile
- Breathtaking overnight camps along the Nile
- No rafting or swimming experience is necessary (min. age 16-years)
- Vehicle transfers ex Kampala or Jinja
- Entry fees in Murchison Falls Conservation Area
- A detailed dossier outlining what you are required to bring