2-Day Rafting / River Surfing
48 kms – 13 hours rafting and river surfing
The ultimate Nile rafting experience. Thunder through legendary rapids, drift quietly through deep green pools and revel in the thrill of river surfing.
If you have the time, we highly recommend the 2-day trip and the chance to spend a little more time in the Nile, to sit back between the rapids, to relax and to watch the world go by. Watch local waragi (banana gin) being brewed in crude distilleries alongside the river, fisherman pull remarkable looking catches from the deep green river or tiny rock pratencol dance over the rapids.
The trip includes:
- Award-winning Adrift river crew, by far the most experienced on the continent
- Safety rafts and kayakers, photographer and video-kayaker
- High-flotation life jackets, helmets, spray jackets and custom-made rafting equipment
- River surfing equipment
- Tents and camping equipment
- Accommodation is in 2/3 person hiking tents on a twin/triple share basis in a semi-permanent camp.
- Hearty meals and spectacular views from our camp on the banks of the Nile (including vegetarian options)
- Nile Special beer and soft drinks after the trip
- FREE vehicle shuttle from Kampala to Jinja
No rafting or swimming experience is necessary (min age 16 years)
What do I need to pack?
In addition to what is needed for the one day trips, you should also bring the following:
- personal sleeping bag and camping mat for the night
- long trousers and warm top for the evening.
- toiletries , mosquito repellent and sun-cream
- torch or flashlight
- small amount of Uganda shillings for incidentals when in transit to and from the river