Join us for some of the most heart-pounding whitewater rafting on the planet;
or choose another thrilling adventure.
Adrift enjoys an unparalleled worldwide reputation for safety and excellence.
- Adrift is Uganda’s favourite adventure company offering whitewater rafting, bungee/bungy jumping, jet boating and river surfing on the Victorian source of the Nile near Bujagali Falls in Jinja
- Adrift has an unparalleled safety record that is both unrivalled and admired and we aim to keep it this way. We thank over 58,000 customers who have safely rafted the Nile with us including Prince William, Ginger Spice, Mikka Hakkanen, Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman.
- Leading the way, Adrift made the first-ever descent of the Nile river in Uganda in 1996 (10-years after first scouting the river) and hit world headlines before introducing commercial whitewater rafting to the country. The company has the most professional and experienced team on the continent with over 30-years of worldwide rafting and adventure experience.
- We have a wide range of accommodation to suit all budgets and tastes and we offer excellent value for money.
- Is it safe?
Yes. Adrift have an outstanding worldwide reputation for safety and excellence that dates back over 28-years. We aim to keep it this way.
- Who can go rafting?
We have a large variety and selection of trips suitable for ages 2 – 72 years. There is an adventure for everyone.
- When can we raft?
Adrift raft every day, year-round based on a minimum of 6 people. Many people join on their own
- What should we wear?
Remember that you will probably be in the sun most of the day. Bring a T-shirt, swim suit, board shorts and waterproof sunscreen for wear on the river (you will not need shoes or sandals). The water temperature is 27°C (49°F) all year round! For the end of the day, pack a towel, change of clothes and warm top.
- What about the Bujagali Dam, won’t this be the end of rafting?
No. The Bujagali Dam is currently under construction and will affect the rafting from mid 2010. However, many of the best rapids on the Nile will remain unaffected and our new rafting
trips will start further downstream at that time.
- Things you should leave at home…
Valuables, jewellery, cameras and anything you don’t want to lose!
- FREE Shuttle
Adrift offer a free shuttle every day of our trips from Kampala to Jinja return
- Where do I meet the FREE shuttle bus in Kampala?
Our distinctive Adrift buses pick-up in Kampala from Backpackers (Natete) at 0700, Sheraton Kampala 0730, Nandos 0745 and Red Chillli at 0800. We also collect from other Kampala or Jinja hotels by arrangement. Bookings are essential.
- How can we book and pay?
You can book with Uganda’s best hotels, tour operators and travel agents. We accept most hard currencies, travelers cheques, Kenya Shillings, Uganda Shillings and Visa credit card (a surcharge of 5% is charged on cards and 11% on Travelers cheques).
Note: we only accept Visa credit cards and no longer Amex and/or Mastercard
- What about photographs and a video?
Our professional photographer takes a series of magnificent still images of each whitewater rafting trip. You can purchase this unique momento of your experience. $US10 for each quality ‘Sub-dye’ (6″x8″) photograph or $US50 for a magnificent set of six in beautiful photo folder. View and download low res images for FREE from our website – click here !!